One of the biggest decisions you’ll ever make in life is buying a home. To make the process hassle-free and mitigate the number of mistakes you might make, read on to find our top tips of important things to look for when deciding on a property.
Plan for the long term
- Consider the size you need now compared the size you might want in a few years. Is the current amount of bedroom enough to last?
- Think outside the box in terms of renovations. Is there space for further conversions?
- We all want moving to be over quickly, but even once you’ve unpacked, you’re only at the beginning of your journey in your new home. Is the property one you’ll be able to grow into, and personalise in your own way over the years?
Draw up a list of your own preferred trade-offs
- Is it worth paying extra for a garden that you may not even use?
- Is living close to a school a necessity for you, or is it something that might change your opinion on a place the longer you stay there?
- Think about your proximity to main roads. You could end up paying less to deal with the noise, but if you’re not bothered by it, it could turn out to be a big saving!
- An ugly feature such as an overgrown or mismanaged garden may put you off initially, but can be easy (and cheap!) to remove.
Go the extra mile
- If you’re on the verge of buying a property, it’s worth finding out everything you can about it before signing the papers. Better to find out any details now than be surprised a little further down the line.
- If you can contact the previous owners, it can often be worth striking up a relationship. You never know what questions might need to be asked after moving in.
- Get to know the neighbours. If you have the opportunity, say hello and get to learn a bit about the neighbourhood. Again, forging the relationship now can pay off dividends in the future!
- Get the best view of the property. Pictures are all well and good, but virtual tours can give you an entirely new perspective on an a place, and even allow to see it in an entirely new light!
Want to learn more? Take a look around our or click to .
3xplor makes searching for property, places and things to do an adventure with 360° tours, video and virtual reality.
Showcase your 360 videos to attract new business and visitors.Explore